Industry Day 2016
On October 1, 2016 the Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences at LSU Health Shreveport and the Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Science at Louisiana Tech University will host the Industry Day 2016 conference.
Industry Day 2016 will bring together students, trainees, scientists, and clinicians interested in the transition of discoveries from the laboratory to the commercial sector. The conference will conclude with a poster session featuring the work of local researchers.
The Industry Day conference is sponsored by Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences at LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport and the Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Science at Louisiana Tech University. The target audience for this conference includes students, trainees, scientists and clinicians conducting biomedical research who are interested in the interface between the laboratory and industry.
GOALS & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Establish collaborative partnerships between researchers at LSUHSC-S and LA Tech to support applications for extramural funding and promote the commercialization and licensing of biotechnology discoveries
- Inspire new thinking and discussions that will drive innovation in cardiovascular research and biomedical engineering over the next decade. Foster exchange of experiences between industries, businesses and people involved with biomedical research.
- Provide an executive overview of LSUHSC-S Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences (CCDS) and LA Tech’s Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Sciences (CBERS).
- Expose undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate trainees to training opportunities available from CBERS and CCDS mentors.
- Explore methods of transitioning discoveries from the laboratory to the commercial sector.