Industry Day 2014
Louisiana Tech Shreveport Center
8028 Shrevepark Drive
Shreveport, LA 71149
Friday, September 26, 2014 from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Visit the Industry Day website to learn more and register to attend.
Questions? Contact the CCDS at email@example.com.
On September 26, 2014 the Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences at LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport, the Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Science at Louisiana Tech University and the University of Louisiana at Monroe hosted their inaugural Industry Day 2014 conference.
Industry Day 2014 will brought together students, trainees, scientists, and clinicians interested in the transition of discoveries from the laboratory to the commercial sector. Attendees learned from industry leaders Dr. Brian Wamhoff, HemoShear, and Dr. Stuart Williams, Bioficial Heart, as well as heard from investigators conducting collaborative research between the sponsoring institutions. The conference will concluded with a poster session featuring the work of 46 local researchers.
The Industry Day conference was sponsored by Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences at LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport, the Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Science at Louisiana Tech University and the University of Louisiana at Monroe. The target audience for this conference included students, trainees, scientists and clinicians conducting biomedical research who were interested in the interface between the laboratory and industry.
GOALS & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Establish collaborative partnerships between researchers at LSUHSC-S and LA Tech to support applications for extramural funding and promote the commercialization and licensing of biotechnology discoveries
- Inspire new thinking and discussions that will drive innovation in cardiovascular research and biomedical engineering over the next decade. Foster exchange of experiences between industries, businesses and people involved with biomedical research.
- Provide an executive overview of LSUHSC-S Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences (CCDS) and LA Tech’s Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Sciences (CBERS).
- Expose undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate trainees to training opportunities available from CBERS and CCDS mentors.
- Explore methods of transitioning discoveries from the laboratory to the commercial sector.